Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things…
The Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother both serve and empower the poor by sharing God’s love through ministry and contemplative prayer. We share hope, faith and love in many ways.
We are teachers, compassionate caregivers, attentive counselors, caring friends and gentle companions to those in need–the sick, the poor, the young, the old and those in crisis. We live simply, give generously, and have a deep respect and loving concern for all of creation. Through prayer and work, we bring fuller life to others.
Some current ministries in which our Sisters are involved:
• Education (elementary, high school and adult)
• Nursing and other healthcare-related ministries
• Pastoral care/Chaplaincy
• Counseling (family and marriage, alcohol and drug abuse, art therapists, licensed professional counselors)
• Social work
• Spiritual direction
• Youth ministry
• Visiting the sick and homebound
• Mission work serving the poor in various countries
The U.S./Caribbean province of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother has ministries across Wisconsin; in Tulsa, Okla.; Wichita, Kan.; Denville, NJ; and the Caribbean islands of Grenada, St. Lucia, Trinidad/Tobago and in the Dominican Republic. Internationally we have locations in Germany, Italy, Austria, Brazil and Tanzania.
See photos from our ministries across the U.S./Caribbean Province on our Flickr Photostream here